Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July

I know this isn't a lunch, nor is it very healthy...but it sure was yummy and fun.  I love the 4th of July more then any other holiday.  I am so proud to be an American (with faults and all), I love living here, I am grateful to the men and women who serve our country and I cry every time I hear the National Anthem.   It's only fitting then that our celebration includes a small town parade, a barbecue and loads of desserts!

Here's a picture of my Red, White and Blue Starcakes, and a bunch of sweet little girls waiting on the parade.
I use a basic English Scone recipe, which I cut into star shapes.  Macerate strawberries, raspberries and blueberries with a little sugar.  Top with some fresh whipped cream, instant yum!

Three families, 9 little girls (not all pictured), a giant handful of sugar and spice!  Hope your families had a safe and happy celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment